BFF envisions a world where all Black women, girls, and gender-expansive folks are: safe, joyful, cared for, powerful, self-determining, and thriving. We envision a world where freedom is our birthright and we are in abundant, nurturing, and interdependent relationships with our communities and the earth.
BFF is a political hub focused on the dynamic possibilities of galvanizing the social and political power of Black women, girls, and gender-expansive people towards liberation. We do this by building and nourishing the leadership of fierce Black feminists, fortifying aligned organizations and movements, and shifting cultural norms.
- Black women, girls, and gender-expansive people are inherently valuable.
- Black feminisms is for all Black people and it is how we get free.
- Interdependency: Our struggle for liberation is global and means we must defeat all systems of oppression.
- We center the most vulnerable in our work and in our solutions.
- We center community care and joy as we build power to defeat systems of oppression.
- We make the invisible, visible.
- Transformation is a process: come as you are, transformation is a must.
- Squad Up: We defend Black women, girls, and gender-expansive people.